Solution Architect with Webalo, Inc. (Los Angeles, CA). Responsible for designing and developing complete enterprise software solutions from User Interface to deep systems engineering, and integrating with existing enterprise systems. This position requires a Master’s degree in Computer Engineering plus at least two years of experience as a software engineer or related position. Prior experience must include researching, developing, and testing operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software. Requires experience with Java, XML, Object-Oriented design and architecture, and hands-on coding of client and server software in Java, XML, C#, C, C++, Objective C, Python, and ECMA Script/ActionScript. Requires experience managing software development teams. Experience designing and implementing database applications, particularly MySQL. Experience with distributed memory caching systems and concurrent programming. Requires experience with Unix shell scripting, GNU/Linux programming and administration, and maintaining, modifying, and debugging proprietary and open source codes. Please send resume to email@example.com. No calls.
Software Engineer / Architect / Visionary
We’re looking for the top 10% -- visionary software engineers and architects who can reshape the enterprise mobility landscape by expanding the power of our cloud-based platform for auto-generating mobile apps. Join our world-class team in an intellectually stimulating, collaborative environment. We are focused on meeting the needs of the increasingly vibrant enterprise mobility market with innovative, self-service capabilities that enables IT and non-IT employees create enterprise mobile apps in minutes. Using Amazon’s EC2 cloud services and enterprise virtualization infrastructure, Webalo delivers consumer-style mobility to business users via native mobile UI on Android, Apple, BlackBerry, and Windows smartphones and tablets.
This challenging position (ten minutes from the beach in Los Angeles, CA) involves both architecture and hands-on coding of client and server software.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, equivalent, or better
- Outstanding reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Object oriented design expertise
- Experience with fundamental networking standards (e.g., HTTP, XML, TCP/IP)
- Attention to detail
Nice to have:
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of relevant work experience, including extensive programming experience in Java with strong OO skills.
- “Larval stage” hacking experience followed by formal CS education
- Significant experience with XML and Web services technology (SOAP, WSDL, XSD, etc.)
- Significant development experience on Android or iOS.
- Experience with J2EE and open source technologies (Ant, JBoss, Axis, etc.)
- Demonstrated versatility, multi-platform experience (server & client, UNIX, Win32, mobile device platforms, Amazon AWS, Haskell or other functional languages)
More about Webalo:
Webalo is the easy, fast, affordable alternative to traditional mobile application development – an integral part of the IT enterprise mobility infrastructure that automatically generates secure, interactive, bi-directional, transactional mobile access to the enterprise applications and data that employees rely on to do their jobs. Founded in 2000, Los Angeles-based Webalo is privately held. Additional information about Webalo's products, customers, and partners is available at www.webalo.com.
If this opportunity sounds right for you and you meet the demanding requirements, please send your ASCII or PDF resume as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you’re the person we should add to our visionary team.